By submitting your details, you are indicating your consent to receiving marketing messages from Livery Dole by post, telephone, fax, email and SMS, unless you have ticked a box to indicate your objection to receiving these messages
Data Protection and Privacy
Collecting Personal Information
Livery Dole collects personal information when you make an enquiry or place an order for vehicles, parts or services. We will use this information to provide the products or services requested, maintain warranty and service records and, if you agree, to tell you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information that you provide to us when registering with our website (including your email address)
- Information that you provide when completing your online profile (including your name, gender, date of birth and any educational details and employment details you provide)
- Information that you provide to us when signing up to any distribution lists to receive correspondence from us
- Information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services, including any other transaction details made via any of our websites (including your address, telephone number and payment details)
If you are taking out finance with your vehicle purchase the information you provide for the finance proposal will be disclosed to lenders for the purposes of considering your credit application. Lenders may use this information to carry out searches with credit reference agencies. A record of those searches will be kept and may be used by other lenders in accessing applications from you and members of your household for credit in the future. Lenders will cross check this information with other lenders to help prevent fraud. In order to prevent and detect fraud we may at any time share information about you with other organizations and public bodies, check and/or file your details with fraud prevention agencies and databases and, if you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this. We and other organizations may also search agencies and databases to check your identity to prevent money laundering, unless you furnish us with other satisfactory proof of identity.
Using Personal Information
Data collected about you by Livery Dole will be used for the purposes it was provided, including:
- Fulfil any service or order you may request
- Enable your use of the services available on our website
- Supply to you services purchased through our website
- Send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you
- Send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter)
- Improve customer service for example by conducting surveys
- For sending marketing and other communications to you
- To enable us to contact you about safety issues, servicing and MOTs
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information)
We may also from time to time want to share new and exclusive offers as well as tailored options for you to renew your current finance contract or vehicle.
Sharing Personal Information
Your personal information may be shared with the vehicle manufacturer and selected third parties (such as providers of automotive products and value added services such as insurance), some of these selected third parties may be based outside the EEA in countries that do not have the same standards of protection for personal information as the UK. We will, however, always use every reasonable effort to ensure sufficient protections are in place to safeguard your personal information.
Other instances where we may share your personal data include
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our staff, agents, suppliers or subcontractors where it would be reasonable to do so. (If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing)
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies where it would be reasonable to do so. (If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing)
- We may be legally obliged to disclose your personal information
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information
Security of personal information
- We will take all reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information
- We will store all the personal data you provide on our secure servers
- All details of financial transactions entered via our website will be protected by encryption technology
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, via a Subject Access Request
- Upon receipt of such a request we will, after confirming identity, provide all relevant data we may hold to you in the most practical format unless otherwise stipulated and reasonably possible.
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law
- If you instruct us to no longer process your personal data we will do so as quickly as possible
- If you instruct us to destroy any/all of your personal data we may hold we will do so as quickly as possible
- If you instruct us to cease all processing for marketing purposes we will do so as quickly as possible
We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office and our registration number is: ZA039870
Data Protection issues can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Data Protection, Livery Dole, 18 Trusham Road, Marsh Barton, Exeter, Devon EX2 8QG
Livery Dole reserves the right to change any of its terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. If you do not accept these Terms in full, you must stop using this website immediately.
Updated May 2018